Tuesday, June 7, 2011

CityBeat interviews Fieldy

Korn is American Metal music. They are what every other Metal bands measure themselves against. They have been nominated and won awards from basically every music award ceremony, including two Grammys. Korn’s nine studio albums demonstrate the band’s lasting power and its latest offering, Korn III: Remember Who You Are, shows the world that they aren’t going anywhere anytime soon.

CityBeat was able to speak with bassist Reginald Arvizu, or “Fieldy,” for the second time at Rock on the Range to discuss the direction of the group and his current side project, Stillwell. He gave insight — on the day of the predicted “Rapture,” oddly enough — his personal philosophies and the changes in his life revealed in his book Got the Life: My Journey of Addiction, Faith, Recovery, and Korn.

CityBeat: Last year when I talked to you, Korn III had just come out the week before, you had a new daughter. What’s happened in the past year? What’s changed?
Fieldy: Actually Korn has started working on a new style of music. It’s pretty cool. With Skrillex. We’re collaborating with some DJs on this style of music. It’s called Dub Step. It’s turned out really well. Two days ago I tracked like six songs on bass.

CB: Oh wow. So you’re going to do more? I heard the one song that’s out on iTunes. Are you still doing Stillwell?
Fieldy: Yeah. Stillwell is opening the tour in Europe. We leave on Tuesday. We’re opening the show for Korn.

CB: So you have a long night every night?
Fieldy: Yeah. I’ll play with Stillwell first. Take a little break, maybe squeeze in a little dinner real quick. Then go play bass with Korn. Guitar with Stillwell, bass with Korn.

CB: I know Joey did that last year with Zombie and Murderdolls. So it can be done, but you’re tired at the end of the night right?
Fieldy: It’s not hard.

CB: Since I met you the last time, I read the book. I had a lot of plane time the last couple weeks. I almost wanted to ask if I could interview your wife, because I feel like Part 2 of the book could be the other people that were involved in your life and what was going on in their head at the times recounted in the book. Has anyone ever done that? Talked to your family or your friends or tried to write it down?
Fieldy: I don’t think so. But if she’s ever out here with me, you can interview her.

CB: Are you worried that your kids will read the book at some point?
Fieldy: No, I gave it to them. My two daughters are here with me. They are 12 and 13 now. I let them see my life. They know what Christ has done in my life in changing my heart that I’m not that guy anymore. If somebody tries to change themselves, it doesn’t work. It’s a front or a fake. It doesn’t work. You really have to surrender. You can tell by people’s actions if they are really a changed person.

CB: The other thing that struck me about it was, I didn’t realize, again when I talked to you last time, that you have known the other band members for 25 years. You have known each other since you were small children. It gave me a new appreciation for you staying together and still being friends. To be able to be together that long is amazing.
Fieldy: Oh yeah. It is amazing to still be together this many years down the road; we’re not even friends, we’re more like family. When you go through that much with somebody and you’re still friends with them, it almost becomes family.

Click here to read the rest of the interview!


Source: http://www.citybeat.com/cincinnati/blog-2058-interviews-from-rock-on-the-range-part-1.html

0 comments:

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

 
korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn