Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Danish interview with Wes Geer

By Alexander Hemstedt
Translation by KoRn Nuze via Google Translate

[ NOTE: Some questions and answers have been omitted due to poor translations from Google Translate. If anyone can translate this article for me, please contact KoRn Nuze in the chat section on the right. ]

In a little more than a week we will see the Copenhell festival. One of the two headliners is nu-metal juggernaut KoRn from Bakersfield. Korn has sold about 30 million albums worldwide and will play on the 17th of June in Copenhagen. We caught up with Korn's touring guitarist Wesley Geer, who is playing in place of Brian "Head" Welch, and asked him a few questions.

What can we expect the concert to Copenhell?

- Honestly I do not know what to expect, haha! I assume that you can expect a few Korn classics, which are played in new ways, they are really cool songs. We always like to mix it all up. I am actually practicing some songs while I answer your questions. But until we've set the list for the upcoming concert, I don't know what we'll be playing.

What do you do right before you go on stage?

- Being on tour, travelling, sleeping constantly, or not getting enough sleep makes me a very tense person. So I stretch alot. I pray and meditate, I speak to the universe and try to get over the nervousness. I like to get a connection to the audience that awaits us out there to see us play.

- You should know that I see it as a gift that I can live off playing music, so I always remind myself of that before a show and remember what is really important in life, and it doesn't have very much to do with money or with being known. I think of my friends and family back home and especially on those of them who do not have it so good.

What do you listen to on the tour bus?

- I've been listening to Pendulum, since we played with them for Donnington Festival. I didn't know about them before. I also listen to Stillwell (side project from Korn bassist Fieldy, the debut album "Dirtbag" is out). [Translation errors: Other bands mentioned.]

What do you like about Denmark?

- I love this place! It is so progressive for our present time, since I've been there with my old band Hed PE for a few years ago.

When can we expect a headliner Korn show in Denmark again? Maybe even outside Copenhagen?

- Unfortunately I have no idea... but I can tell you that the upcoming show has not been played yet, so let's focus on that... hahaha.

What is, in your opinion, the highlights of your European tour 2011?

- To play in front of the gigantic audiences in Europe and to see so much history in the great old cities. Audiences in Europe are so much bigger than those in the states, and the huge festivals are simply unique. We just played at Rock am Ring during a thunderstorm with 80,000 spectators, and everyone danced in the rain. The energy was great, words can not explain how cool it was to play there. People all over the place, so much that you could see ....

What bands are you most looking forward to see when you have time during the festivals?

- I love The Scorpions, Iron Maiden, Def Leppard. I love everything that is old school metal. There are also a few newer bands that I'm looking to check out. We ran into Duff in Germany and I would like to hear their new songs along with Loaded. And of course I am delighted to see System Of A Down, they were my homies a long time ago ...

When you play live, is it "one day at the office" for you?

- It may be if I let it turn into such a day, but there's something I learned when I toured with Hed PE, when you are out of the tour circuit: Stop and sniff flowers, for example. We always run through our lives and we always go for the next big thing, but sometimes it's important to be aware of how amazing every single moment truly is.

- This is what I will always remember: "nothing lasts forever" - this is also my tattoo and a kind of memo to be thankful for all the wonderful and amazing moments on tour, or elsewhere.


Source: http://gaffa.dk/artikel/50116

0 comments:

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

 
korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn, korn